Saturday, August 30, 2008

Butterflies and kindness

The last few days I've had some awesome experiences. Butterflies are landing on me. And often following me down the street. Some have different takes on it. But I think it's a sign of transformation. And I'm down with that. I've always thought the idea of god is just a primal thing. Ugga shoka. But the idea of becoming more than what we are? It's good.

Now. On to the kindness point. I'm having some trouble walking. And I refuse to use a walker. I'm 47 for the love of all. So yesterday a man saw I was having problems and walked me to the corner store, then home. Carlos. Bless him. Today a woman walking her dog saw it too. She tried to help but the dog was troublesome. So a lovely, lovely woman named Margaret took over. She not only walked me home but gave me faith. Made me feel like it isn't so bad. I invited a total stranger into my home. That was a moment.

My point is, be kind. Be true. Don't hate. Imagine a world where all of us do that for each other.

And Lennon got it right. A world without hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOkxRLzBf0

2 comments:

Alpha Bitch63 said...

Yes. Imagine. Visualize. Be. There is love and kindness out there, you just have to be ready for it.

robespierre said...

beautiful simplicity and sentiment. this is the type of writing that should give hope. people caring about people, not just a novelty.