Sunday, July 6, 2008

Still Crazy After All These Years

I had to run out for a few things. And I decided to stop into my favorite used bookstore. And a man coughs behind me. I look at him. It's instant. We must have looked cartoon like. He says, "Barbara!" I say, "Jones!" We hug and kiss.

We try and catch up. But a bookstore is no place to do that. So went to a little french place I like. We enjoyed ourselves. Crepes and conversation. He was surprised to see I'm no longer drinking. I used to be a party girl. But all good and bad things must come to an end.

But here's the kicker... He has a daughter. And he named her after me. I had been feeling low. But this gave me something. Can't name it. I can only embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bkXgxb66E

4 comments:

Alpha Bitch63 said...

It's the little things that bring us so much joy, like seeing an old ,familiar face. Glad it was a happy reunion and congrats on the sobriety!

paige worthy said...

Just dropping in.
I love rekindling memories, especially when they're good ones.
Miss ya, Max.

Max Power B. said...

I miss you too sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful reminder of how you must be special it this persons life.