Thursday, June 12, 2008

Max is not down for the count. By any means.

Hey. A few of you have expressed your worry about me. And I want to let you know... I'm okay. Truly. Have a little faith in me. I'm a fighter.

So a little time down? Not too bad. And to Joanne... there really aren't words for what you're allowing me to do right now. You saved my life. Literally. I will be greatful for that till my last breath.

To Lisa: Wow. You simply amaze me. Not just your kindness. Which would be more than enough for anyone. But for your understanding. Your honesty. Your ability to just listen and not judge. You are remarkable. And you have moved me. In another life we must have been lovers or children or mother and child. You're a godsend.

Michael? Thanks for you kind words and your advice. And your friendship. Saving me from libel suits is a great thing. And listening to my rants? A saint I tells ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UkKTlzyLhQ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Max,

I had no idea that you started a blog after you were “UNFAIRLY” kicked off of Yelp but it is nice to see that you have bounced back to be the Queen I always felt you are. I don’t know you more than the few times that we crossed path on the talk threads but I have always enjoyed your comments. And for whatever reason you have remained in the back of my mind. I actually spoke your name in a talk thread yesterday called “What Yelper really impresses you?"

http://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-what-yelper-really-impresses-you

Just bare with me as I go down memory lane… Not sure if you remember that a while back I started a “Just found out my friend is gay” thread and I was looking for advice in how to deal with this situation. Your advice was to grow up and to deal with, granted you use a bit more colorful language, but the message got through loud and clear and I could honestly say that is something that stuck with me. Did you not only help me through this situation but you gave me a life lesson with a little tough love. So let me say thanks and I hope you are living your life on your “terms” and enjoying it to the fullest.

Geovanny N.

Max Power B. said...

Hi Geo:

I do recall scolding you on that thread! Heh. And you had it coming.

I'm glad my words stayed with you. And I appreciate your kindness and your nice words about me.

Max