Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sisters - All women are Sisters

“I have to tell you, I am beyond grateful to you. Your blog really touched a nerve with me, and stirred up some incredibly strong feelings and realizations.”

A new friend sent this to me in an email tonight. And I’m so delighted. One voice? No. So many voices made silent by violence. And yet….

A chorus sings! Voices heard. Beautiful voices made to be listened to.

Am I happy that I was a victim of violence? No. Am I happy that I can give other victims a voice? It’s beyond happy. It’s wonderful. It’s amazing. It’s (a word I normally don’t use) awesome.

As I have said before: If I can give one victim a voice? My work is almost done. Almost. All victims of rape and violence need to be heard. Both men and women.

Bless you dear for making my night. And for coming back to life. And for just being you. “Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.” But not us. Not us.

We are all beautiful. When we allow it. So let us flower. Let us bloom. Let us be as strong as we are beautiful.

And here's the flower song from Lakmé to enjoy. (Thanks K.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-6Ej2lnwg

1 comment:

Alpha Bitch63 said...

You said it, sister!! Thank you for helping me see things as they really are and giving violence a name.I know you are not the praying kind,but bless you!