Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another one that got pulled. That meant very much to me.

Dearest Older Sister:

I miss you every day. Your suicide made my life a much different place. No one could help you. We tried. We tried so very hard. But the doctors just threw drugs at you. Downers? For a depressive? Holy shit. Wrong. So wrong.

You were the best and the brightest of our family. Funny? Hell yes. Caustic? Man, you could make a grown man cry. Smart? So fucking smart. I recall when I was starting to read Proust how you gave me an encapsulated view of him. I wet my pants laughing. You were too good for this world. And the world just hurt you. Time and time again.

I’m sorry I couldn’t save you my dear. I wish I could have. I still pick up the phone to call you every now and then. I’ve read something or seen something… and I think… Katie would love this.

You’re still here. You’re still here in my heart. And you always will be. Always.

Save a life. If you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxnJ5iyC-w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so inspiring to me... Thanks for your posts, I love them.

I will come here to have a look in the future, it´s worthy.

Regards from Spain.