Friday, May 9, 2008

A Very Stupid Woman Part II

“The biggest fight in my relationship has been replayed more times than Beyoncé's tumble in Orlando. It usually happens something like this: First, after 3 or 4 hours of silent abuse by me, my boyfriend starts to suspect something's up.

"I know you're annoyed," he says. "What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything," I say. "It's fine, whatever. I'm not annoyed."

"Just tell me."

This goes on for hours until I finally blurt it out: "You didn't introduce me when we ran into that guy you work with! And why do you need to go out to brunch with your ex?" Then I feel silly for letting such small things bother me, and we laugh and roll around on the bed and all is right again in our world.”

This isn’t even point one? Because it should be.

“3 or 4 hours of silent abuse by me” What. What the hell? So something is bothering you and you want him to get it through osmosis? Are you nuts? Here’s an idea. Speak up. Tell him why you’re upset. Save the drama for your stage career Sarah Bernhardt. Really. Grow up. The silent treatment is for idiots and children. Not grown women.

And while make up sex is always pleasant, I hope you got the good hard spanking you deserved.

This annoys me to no end. This is one of the reasons men and women don’t communicate well. Because you’re too busy playing Bi-polar Barbi instead of talking about how you feel. Pot meet kettle. It’s name is bitch of the year. And it's the new black. Sheesh.

No comments: