Saturday, April 19, 2008

First they came for...

Should you be scared when a internet site decides to simply make you and your work vanish? I think you should. I think you should be very afraid.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social demorcrats,
I remained silent;I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews;
I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,there was no one left to speak out.

Martin Niemöller


A web site does not own us. Nor our souls. Nor does it have the right to give you no warning to put you on the train. Shame on Yelp. And shame on anyone who allowed this to happen.

2 comments:

Alpha Bitch63 said...

I am a mod on an international Bully Breed forum. There is NO way we would have allowed the situation to have gotten so out of control. The mods are supposed to be there to monitor the action..not to pour another drink and pop some popcorn, as so obviously was done in this case.
We have had to boot a few(not many) members due to abusive postinbg and harrassment. We allowed the one person back and he f'd up...so..he is banned forever.The mods did not do their job. Period.
Utter crap and I told "them" so.

Max Power B. said...

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again - They don't care, they don't have to.

But how the Chicago threads look now? Just plain stupid.