Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Review of my Ex-Husband


I wrote a review of my ex-husband that is now lost in cyber-purgatory. Sad. But since I still love him... I’m am revisiting the thoughts and feelings that meant so much to me.

Dear Man:

I’ve known you for almost 30 years now. And I’ve loved you every single day I’ve known you. From the very first time I saw you, I knew it was you. I knew it would always be you. We both knew. How many people get that? Very few, I think.

We went through some very tough times. And when we both knew we couldn’t be happy any longer… we let each other go. Bitter-sweet has no truer definition my dear. None.

But look at us now. We’re such good friends. We know secrets. We keep secrets. I trust no one more than I trust you. I would take a bullet for you. And you, for me. Nothing is better than that.

The more I know you, the prouder I am to live on this planet. That true love remains. That true friendship endures. That there is still beauty and honor and dignity in the world. That honesty means something. It gives me hope. It gives me faith. It gives me the ability to go on.

End of review.

Today he called to tell me he is going to marry his girlfriend. Her name is India. She’s beautiful and smart and funny. And looks just a little like me.

May your journey with her be as meaningful as ours was, sweet man. Speed of light.
And this song makes me think of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLgUuHl2xJo

J. I’m leaving you alone on this one. You’re nothing compared to this.

1 comment:

Alpha Bitch63 said...

Always loved this one. Class act,all the way!