Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Enjoyed Writing about Cemeteries


Here are two for you to read.

Rosehill Cemetery & Mausolium
Category: Funeral Services & Cemeteries Neighborhood: Edgewater

When I was a child it wasn't uncommon to spend an afternoon searching through a cemetery. My mom studied our family genealogy and I remember lots of quality time spent looking for graves. It was an odd feeling when I found one of my middle names on a very old grave somewhere in Texas. Odd, yet cool.

We would even have a picnic in the cemetery. Yep. Egg salad and headstones.

I love Rosehill for many reasons. It's old. It's beautiful. There is a huge civil war section of graves. There's a Jewish side to it. And it makes for a lovely walk any time of year.
04/13/2008

5 star rating
First to Review
7200 Archer Rd Justice, IL 60458 (708) 458-4770

Resurrection Cemetary & Mausoleums
Category: Funeral Service & Cemetaries

It's got a ghost. Her name is Resurrection Mary. Many drivers on Archer Avenue have reported encounters with her. This has been going on for over 60 years now.Pretty cool stuff.But don't go looking for her on purpose. I had a friend who did and his car stopped dead right outside the gates. Boo!

http://www.yelp.com/redir?url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FResurrection_Mary
04/14/2008

Of course I don't have my review of Graceland. Because that colostomy bag named Jeremy won't return it.

No comments: